Friday 4 September 2009

NEVER ENDING COMPLAINTS

It has been an year and a half that I posted any thing here. Many things happened in this time period. My father died, I got married and now I am going to be father. But there are many things that remains unchanged. One among them is my complaints about DataOne. The toll free number of customer care is changed to 12678. But even now it is same as earlier always busy. The problem I had with the account department about the change of plan is solved and I am getting regular bills. Now the problem is with my DSL status. The DSL lamp n modem goes flickering and I am getting disconnected. I am making complaints about this to both our local exchange and the customer care. When I say my DSL lamp goes blinking to the customer care people they say that it is not there fault. IT has to be attended by the local exchange people. When I approach them they says the line is clear. Some times they say there is some earthing and they have rectified it. But the DSL lamp will not hold. Some times connection will be loosed in 10 minutes sometimes it will be stable for an hour or so.

At last while I was searching the net I got a document from kerala telecommunication's web site. It describes the common faults that can happen in the broadband connection. According to this document to get a stable connection the overall Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) margin should be higher than 20db and the Line attinuation should be as low as possible (the maximum value for this parameter is 40db) I am absolutely zero about these details but this document describes it simply. The document also says that if the line attenuation goes beyond 40db and the SNR going below 12db it is time to complain about the line condition to BSNL. When I checked my broadband line condition the SNR margin observed was 4db and the line attenuation was 52db. I am facing the problem usually when there is heavy rain. Up to my home we are having underground cable and I always suspected water entering due to heavy rain. But even in normal condition I am getting 17db SNR and line attenuation value is 50db. I took printouts of these details and went to the local exchange. They informed me that there is some erathing on the line and it will be rectified on the same day. I waited till the evening. No one came. When I contacted exchange it will be attended on the next day. Today one person came and he was able to find no complaint with the line. For the last two days there was no rain I think the problem is solved for the time being. But I am sure that this will repeat when it rains next time.

If you are a DataOne user and facing such problem please go through the above document published by Kerala Telecom Circle. I hope it will help you understand the cause of fault. But to get rectified dependent on you luck. Justify Full

5 comments:

Areekkodan | അരീക്കോടന്‍ said...

Mani....I'm also a dataone user.But I hadn't faced such faults.My house is just back to exchange.So if problem occurs will be corrected at once.But once a problem prolonged and my brother called GM directly.Within hours the problem got rectified.Try that method if it persists.

നാട്ടുകാരന്‍ said...

If I am not facing such situations, what should I do?

Mani, as far as my experience with internet, I am very much satisfied with Dataone than any other company. As Areekodan says your problem would have been connected with the staff at your local exchange. So it is better to deal such people with different attitude !
Make sure it should be a rough deal to the irresponsible people!

Manikandan said...

Areekkodan Sir and Nattukaran thank you very much for sharing your views here. I know many people who uses DataOne without any problem. But there are many others to whom there is always trouble. As I said the main problem is with the DSL status. It happens only when there is continuous rain. There is noise in the phone line. This problem is not with me only. My neighbours also have the same complaint and I am the only person having a net connection here. There are many others in our exchange and most of them have are having problems like slow speed, authentication error, remote computer does not respond in a timely manner (error678). Now they attended the complaint. The frequency of connection break is reduced now.

nikhimenon said...

my problem with data one s dat wenever an incomin call comes in my land line,the connection gets disconnected...

is any one of yu experiencin similar pblm?

Manikandan said...

Nikhil I am not an expert. Some says that if there is any parallel phone before splitter this can happen. All phones must be after splitter. There is a pdf document released by Kerala Telecom Circle. You can find a link to this document in this post. Download it and check the broadband line condition as described in it. If the SNR Margin and Line Attn. is not in the limit this can happen.